Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Nephews and Niece

These are my three little ones.  Korey on the left, Kylie-Jo in the center, and Konner on the right.  Rambunctious children, but so gosh darn cute.  5yrs, 1 1/2yrs, and 3yrs, respectively.  I've been watching them for the past few days, since they'll be heading to Ohio for a month to visit my sister-in-law's family.

Korey, he's an all around good kid.  Typical 5-year-old.  Loves movies.  And I mean, loves to watch movies.  Can quote and remember pretty much every movie he watches.  He looks much older in this picture.  He's quite the reader-- reading anything and everything he can see.  Loves chocolate milk.  Loves to hang out with his Aunt Kayla.  This week he's been clinging to me like crazy.  I took him up to bed last night, said goodnight, and he looked at me in dismay, saying, "Well, I need a kiss goodnight!"  So I tucked him in, gave him a kiss, and he said, "Goodnight Aunt Kayla, I love you!"  Love you too, bud.  Even when you puke all over and I'm the one to clean it up.

Konner.  Very passionate.  Stuck in the middle, I think.  He's not sure what his place is-- whether he's supposed to be like his older brother or if he's still a baby, like his younger sister.  So, there can be lots of tantrums and fake crying.  But he's a good kid, he really is.  Looks up to his older brother.  Loves our golden retriever and is definitely a grandpa's boy.  He likes to cuddle a lot, to be held.  When I hold him, he puts his head flat against my shoulder... Makes me melt.  He can't pronounce the letters "k" or "c", so everything comes out with a "t" sound.  "Torey, aunt Taya, Tyie."  And he does this spitting noise at the end of his words, although how exactly, I'm not sure!  And when he's trying to explain something to you, he looks up to the ceiling.  Way too cute.

And little Kylie-Jo.  Far too cute for her own good!  Can get away with pretty much everything with that sly little grin.  Usually a grandma's girl, but has been warming up to me and Grandpa.  In fact, she wouldn't let me put her down all day today.  Likes to get into everything.  Loves to dance and sing.  She just learned how to give kisses and tonight she went around to everyone giving kisses before bed.  The night before last she took her diaper off in the middle of the night.  Oh the mess that ensued in the morning!  Aunt Kayla is getting quite the set of lessons in motherhood.

These three little ones have completely captured my heart.  I love them so much.  I can't even count the times in a day that they make my heart melt.  Of course, I think they give my blood pressure quite the work-out, as well!

I've got two more days with them by myself, then we all go camping for a few days.  Then they'll be gone for a month and hopefully I'll make some progress with the job hunt.

Well, I should head to bed.  Gotta get sleep while I can, since these three seem to like getting up at ungodly hours in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment