Friday, June 11, 2010

Job difficulties

This is slightly frustrating.  And by slightly, I mean pretty gosh darn frustrating.

I don't know what to do about a job.

I've been looking around a little bit, putting in applications...  But I have to admit to the whole thing being fairly half-hearted.  Not because I don't wish to work-- I absolutely do!!  I want a good job and I want to work as hard as I need to in order to pay off my loans.

The problem is that I'm straddling two different coasts right now and I don't know on which one I'll be living long-term.  Everything that I've found to apply to here at home are part-time "professional" jobs.  Ones that I would feel very guilty taking and then leaving in three months.  I haven't found any full-time positions for which I'd be eligible.  At least not out here.

And, frankly, if I'm going to live at home and work, it's going to have to be with a full-time job.  I won't do part-time work here, not long term.  If I'm doing part-time work, I'd rather be doing part-time work and living at the Novitiate house.  At least then I'd be able to grow spiritually, be with the Sisters, and be able to see my friends.

But it's a little difficult to search for jobs when you're living on a different coast.  Still haven't heard back from the Catholic school principal.  That's my only lead right now.  I ended up just explaining the entire situation to him-- about my discernment, about everything.  I don't think it would have been fair to him to keep it to myself.

Ugh.

Why are things so difficult?  Honestly tempts me to just go back to school.  It really does.  Because that's exactly what I'd do if things weren't the way they are vocation-wise.  Actually, I'd head out to do mission work somewhere for a few months-year and then go to school.  Maybe in Rome.  I don't know.

But, Deo Gratias, I suppose.  Because if I weren't having job difficulties, I wouldn't face the temptation to procrastinate my vocation by going to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment