Thursday, June 24, 2010
It's a beautiful day!!
We may spend 80% or more of our year enduring the constant patter and splatter of tropical rain (hey, we're technically a rainforest), but when summer finally rolls around, boy do we have something beautiful!!
That's a picture my dad took of Mt. Hood last year, I think. She's a pretty one. We're heading up there to go camping on 4th of July weekend, which should be excellent. We're going to this nice campground that we went to all through my childhood. I've probably been there a total of 40 or 50 times, although it's definitely been a few years now. My brother and his family are coming too, so it's going to be great. I can't wait.
I wanted to head out for a bike ride yesterday, but I found that my tire tubes need to be replaced. :-/ Hopefully we can get that done before the camping trip. I think today I'm going to take Vegas, my dog, down to the lake and explore the trails down there. Gotta do something with my days!
Another picture of Mt. Hood. Wish I could find the ones my dad took of Mt. St. Helen's, 'cause she's a beauty too. We can see both of them from my house. And on really good days, we can see Mt. Rainier too.
On a side note, I can't say the phrase "It's a beautiful day" without getting Mr. Roger's song stuck in my head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



What GORGEOUS mountains!!! Ah, how lovely a view that must be!
ReplyDeleteAlso, whenever I hear the phrase "It's a beautiful day", I immediately hear U2's song "Beautiful Day" in my head. :lol: