My dad came home today with... a lot... of prescription medicine. He had an impromptu doctor's appointment today because his hips has been hurting him something awfully bad lately. Which means that his disease is breaking through his current medicine... which is the last experimental medicine they have. And this is all indicative that his disease is or is close to transitioning into it's third and final stage. When that is in full gear, all of his joints will fuse together and he will be completely immobile (it's already begun in his lower spinal cord). Then the disease will attack his organs.
I don't know. I don't know.
My grandfather is in town. He flew in sometime today, it seems. Which means he'll probably stop by sometime in the next few days. I know it sounds harsh, but I hope I'm not home when he does. I don't care for him much, frankly. He was absent from my life until a few years ago, absent from my mother's almost her entire life. He's insensitive and only manages to hurt people when he comes around.
It's sad, really. Because he doesn't know how to love. He's like one of those people who does indeed love others, but has no idea how to really show it. Every attempt only hurts others. I guess I should be able to let go of my personal "hurts" from him, especially when I see all of this... but it's a bit more difficult than that. I wish I knew why.
In other news, I drove the kiddos back up to my brother's today. It was a good five days with them.
I'm not feeling so well tonight. I think I'll head to bed now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh, Kayla! :( ::::hugs::::
ReplyDeleteThis must be a series of some crazy "tests/trials" God is putting you through. Not that I'm trying to say, "Blame God" -- definitely not saying that -- but just... man, you totally have my prayers.
May our Blessed Mother draw you ever deeper within her most Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart.