Tuesday, January 26, 2010

...Love is patient...

Not sure why I was surprised by his direction, but I have to admit that it did catch me off guard.  And for a while, disappointed me.

I've gotta wait a month, maybe a little bit longer, before officially applying.

He's wise and I know that he's right in suggesting it, but it did disappoint me.  He said that now is the time to basically say to God, "Lord, this is what I think You've asked of me-- these are all of the different supernatural signs that should be present with this sort of calling...  this is where I think You want me.  If it's not, please make it very clear to me.  I want to do Your will, not mine."

And really, what is another month?  It's not as though I plan on leaving before graduation anyways.  I suppose my eagerness is really a sort of pride-- I just want everything set in stone now.

I came to peace with it last night.  I mean, I'm still a bit a disappointed... I had really hoped to make that call here soon.  But really, it comes down to trust.  And truly desiring what He wants, not just what I want.

2 comments:

  1. "I suppose my eagerness is really a sort of pride-- I just want everything set in stone now."

    I know exactly what you mean, my friend. I think I'm going through the exact same thing, except mine is more paperwork oriented.

    Continued prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the prayers... I suppose the Lord is doing some cultivating of the seeds in our hearts right now, eh?

    I hope you feel better! You've my prayers as well!

    ReplyDelete