Saturday, January 16, 2010

Huh

So tonight I went out with one of my best guy friends from high school.  It had been a few months since the last time we had hung out and we really wanted to get together one more time before I went back to school.

I've found that he's one of the few friends from high school that I've stayed in pretty close contact with.  I suppose that happens fairly often.  And he and I dated off and on throughout high school, so we've remained pretty close through the years.

Well, tonight we weren't alone when we out, which was fine with me.  He brought one of his guy friends from school.

Guy "friend."

Yup, he came "out."  And the other guy is his boyfriend.

I'm somewhat shocked.  I say only somewhat, because I began to suspect about a week ago when we were chatting over facebook and I wandered over to one of his photo albums where I saw some pictures that I thought might be...

Definitely confirmed tonight.

I'm not really sure of how to react.  He's my best guy friend.  Honestly, I thought that I was going to marry him [oh high school love].  Even when things went a little... strange... senior year, I still had feelings for him.  Heck, even this past summer, I couldn't help but still like him.  I guess some things will never change.

I don't know.  I don't have time to really reflect about it right now.  I still need to finish packing [yes, I know it's almost 1am].  My flight leaves tomorrow morning at 8am.  I guess I'll have quite a while to mull it over whilst flying.

Talk about a distraction from the usual "transition depression" I get when it comes time for me to leave.  Happens every time.  I love being home and I love being at school.  I hate transitioning between the two.

But I'm really, really excited to get back.  Lots to look forward to this semester.

Well.  I should finish packing now.  Why do I always leave this to the very last minute?  Probably has something to do with the "transition" difficulties I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment