Monday, January 11, 2010

Failure

I really just need to get back to school so I can get back onto a consistent schedule. For whatever reason, I don't sleep well at home. So I finally fall asleep around 2 or 3am, which means that I rarely wake up in time for Mass at 8:30am.

Thus this morning equals failure on my first goal.

I'm heading off to my church to make a holy hour now, so at least I'll be able to have achieved goal number two.

The honors thesis writing is coming along very slowly. I've written about two and half pages, single-spaced. When I get back from the holy hour I'm hoping to finish the section on St. Bernard's philosophical and theological anthropology (which is essentially his doctrine of grace and free choice). That should take me up to a good six or so pages, which is about 11 or 12 double-spaced. That'll be a good chunk taken care of.

Writing this thesis at home is proving so very frustrating, though. I don't have many sources with me (I have seven, out of fifteen important ones) because the stupid school library made me turn in my books before break. Apparently they don't let people check books out over breaks. Very lame. So I'm stuck with only half of my sources and a rough draft due by Friday. Oh the joy.

Well, no point in complaining too much. As Mancini (old band director) used to say, "Do the best with what you've got."

So, I'm off to the adoration chapel and then back, hopefully nice and refreshed, to tackle grace and free choice and all that fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment