Tuesday, February 9, 2010

SNOW!!!!

This is a picture I took on Sunday of our "miniature Grotto" near the main Chapel.  (If you look closely near the top-center you can see the gold statue of Mary from the real Grotto.)  One of my favorite places to pray on campus-- it's so peaceful.  There's a pond and small water fall thing and fish in the pond.

As you can also see from this picture, we have a heck of a lot of snow!!!  It's been absolutely insane!!!  Most snow I've seen in my life!!!  We got about two and half feet over the weekend.  On Saturday I trekked to morning Mass through snow that was up to my hip-- it was crazy!!!  I felt hardcore.  ;-)

Saturday we spent about four hours out on "Echo field" (it's a large field in front of the seminary and the only good place for sledding).  We started out sledding with the Vice Rector's sleds, but then gave up with sleds and just threw each other down the hill because there was so much snow that it didn't hurt at all.  It was so much fun!!  We would run and just jump over the miniature cliff and dive into the snow!!  Probably the only time I can say that it was appropriate to be tackled and thrown down a hill by seminarians.  ;-)

Surprisingly we didn't get off any school, despite there still being TONS of snow EVERYWHERE.  And now we're being by ANOTHER snow storm.  It started snowing again around 3pm this afternoon and isn't supposed to stop until 11pm tomorrow night.  They're projecting another two feet!!!!!  CRAZY!!!!!

I just hope that we don't have to cancel Mount 2000.  Everyone has been working so hard on the retreat...  and it's such a powerful experience for the 1,600 high schoolers that come out for it.

I've been working with one of the deacons on my testimony.  It has to be 3 minutes....  3!!!!!!  We've been able to get it parched down, though, and I've been practicing a lot.  My whole conversion is still hard for me to talk about...  and every time I finish practicing giving my testimony in front of people, I am drained.  But God is good and He'll give me the strength I need.  1,600 kids... plus all the priests, seminarians, and college students in attendance.  Talk about insane.  But, God willing, it will go well.

Classes are cancelled for tomorrow, but my school hasn't officially announced it yet.  They're going to wait until tomorrow morning at 5am.  Smart move, if you ask me.  If they let the campus know this evening, we'd have to deal with a lot of parties and an insane amount of drinking.

I plan on catching up on a lot of work tomorrow.  And attempting to get ahead for next week, since my entire weekend will be given away to this retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment