Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Randomness

Still waiting for a return phone call.  Trying not to be too impatient 'cause I know they're super busy.  Plus, communication seems to be pretty slow, from my experience.  I'll try again Thursday evening if I don't hear anything in the next two days.  I'm not too terribly anxious about it.  I mean, it does test the nerves knowing that the call could come at any point in time, most likely when I least expect it.  But maybe it's better that way.  Or maybe I'll say something foolish/childish again.  That wouldn't surprise me either.

We just started extended Adoration on campus for Lent.  Tuesdays from 12:30pm (immediately following the noon Mass) until 11:00pm.  And we have three or four students signed up for each time slot!!!!!  And we're going by half an hour, not an hour!!!!!  It's wonderful!!!

We're also doing half an hour of Adoration with Benediction and Night Prayer on Monday nights following the 10pm Mass, which is also wonderful.

Also, I just had a freshman approach me yesterday to ask and talk about discernment.  Caught me a little off guard, but we had such a good conversation.  She's going to come on our upcoming "nun-run" which is in two weeks... we're heading up to New York to see the Salesians (technically New Jersey), the CFRs, and the Sisters of Life.  I'm excited!

I feel like I've finally gotten into my groove, so to speak, academically.  I finally know what it means to study and to study for the sake of studying- not for grades.  I've never really been one for homework and study.  I've always loved classes and learning, but never the extra time and effort outside of classes.  And I never needed to do that anyways, because I could do well grade-wise without it.  But this year I've learned the joy of participating in the good of speculative knowledge and studying for the sake of studying.  Too bad I'm in my last semester.  Right when I finally learn how to properly learn, I end school.  Go figure.

My congestion has died down a lot and now I'm stuck with this yucky cough.  But it's not too bad.  More annoying than anything else.

Funny story.  I was having a coughing fit during moral philosophy this morning, taught by my s/d.  He stopped lecturing when I started coughing and stared at me, waiting for me to stop.  Then he said, "Get better.  That's under holy obedience!"  Haha.

Hm.  Time for bed, me thinks.  Work in the morning.  Class.  Mass.  Class x2.  Meeting with my catechumen.  Dinner.  Militia Immaculata.  Holy hour.  Homework/study.  Bed.

Busy day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment