Took me three hours to complete that darn take-home Econ midterm. But I am counting my blessings precisely because it was a take-home. And we were allowed to use our notes. Guarantee I would've failed had it not been the case. This is what I get for taking a 400-level Econ course when I know absolutely nothing about Economics.
Prepared and presented my lesson on the Fourth-Tenth Commandments at RCIA tonight. I think it went really well. Slightly awkward having to talk about sexual morality in front of men, including a seminarian. But, overall, I think I did a good job. I'm always very harsh on myself when it comes to teaching, so it feels nice for once to come out feeling like I did well.
I didn't get very far on my honors thesis this weekend, like I hoped. I kind of forgot what I was arguing. And then when I finally figured it out, I became rather discouraged, because I don't feel like I'm doing much with this project. Meh. See, this is one of the times that I really wish I weren't graduating in three years. I feel like I just didn't have enough education behind me to choose a good project. If I were going into it at the end of this semester, I feel like I'd have a better grasp and be able to do a much better job.
Alas, what can you do? As my old band director used to say, "Do the best with what you've got."
Plans for this week:
Get to 25-30 pages on Honors Thesis (currently at 18)
Be inducted into the National Theology Honors Society
Substantial research/some writing Moral Thesis
Substantial writing for Body & Soul paper (only 7 pages)
Plus, you know, the usual readings and homeworks and what-have-yous of the week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment