Tuesday, March 9, 2010

May God be Praised!!!!

I have passed round one!!!

I have to admit, I was slightly confused...  but M. sent me an e-mail today (I wasn't expecting it... I think I was expecting a phone call... but she's been super busy, so I'm sure e-mail is much easier for her right now) that basically said, "All is well" for right now and that I should proceed to do two things:

A) Apply for the Mater Ecclesiae Fund
B) Talk to my s/d about how to approach my parents regarding the debt

I'm assuming from the "All is well" comment and the fact that the Mater Ecclesiae fund requires formal acceptance into a community...  that I've been at least preliminarily accepted?!  This is what my s/d seems to read from it and my best friend as well...  maybe I'm the only one who was a little confused.  I mean, obviously this is good, but...  lol, it certainly confused me at first!

I was looking at the fund website and I noticed that they only offer awards once a year...  so, it'll be almost a full year from now before I hear anything back from them if/when I apply.  I also doubt I'd be awarded anything, considering the substantial size of my debts, but it's worth a shot.  I don't know if M. knows that their next application period won't be until December...

But basically right now I need to talk to my parents and really hash out of them exactly how much debt I'm in and whether or not they're going to help me at all.  If they're not...  then there's going to have to be quite a bit of brainstorming on my end.

I'm supposed to get back to her once I've accomplished those two items.

This whole process seems to strange to me!!!  Ah well!!  May God be Praised!!!!!!!!!!!!

...and spiritual direction was absolutely what I needed today.  Funny thing though-- I got M.'s e-mail ten minutes after I got out of my meeting...  so I turned around and headed back up to my s/d's office!!  Haha, that was pretty funny.

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS, KAAAAAYLA!!!! :D

    I think this DEFINITELY means that yes, you've been preliminarily accepted. (Eeee!)

    Like you, I don't know of M. knows about the now-once-a-year application for the Mater Ecclesiae. However, I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure my class was the last class that had postulants accepted WITH debt. (There were at least four of us with debt when we entered -- the other three had multiple tens of thousands in educational debt.)

    I wonder if they're still making exceptions? To my knowledge, Krystyn (I have no idea what her new name is -- she was invested in December.) and Sr. Advocata had to put off entrance until their loans were paid off. Krystyn received the Mater Ecclesiae grant, and Sr. Advocata was able to work off her debt.

    Another Sister, Sr. Wisdom of the Cross, was able to enter in California as a postulant BUT worked full time and lived at the convent.

    Hmmmm.... maybe something could also be worked out for you?

    I'll be praying for this intention, Kayla!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Just wanted to reply to your comment in my blog regarding the temperament: I believe St. Ignatius was also a Choleric/Melancholic; however, many thought he was a Sanguine! One could say this is due to his virtue in working against the "anti-social" nature of the Melancholic temperament. ;) I think for many Melancholics, especially when this is their primary temperament, becoming more extroverted is often considered a growth in virtue and generosity of spirit.

    ReplyDelete