Friday, March 5, 2010

And let the waiting begin...

Praise God!

All went well.  The interview was about 45 minutes long and pretty simple.  Only three "big answer" questions, the rest were pretty short and didn't necessarily need further explanation.  The melancholic in me is worried that I didn't answer the "big answer" questions very well, but I'm trying not to think about it too much otherwise I know I'll play back what I should've said a million times over.  I think I would've preferred those parts to be written, rather than spoken.  Or at least in person.  I don't know.

So now I wait.  Not sure how long it'll take...  but basically I'll hear back whenever and that will be the first sort of "yes" or "no."  Then we'll schedule for a psych exam, and then go from there.

M. was very motherly and that was encouraging to me.  Especially when we were talking about my debt situation (which is complicated).  For right now we're not worrying about it and she said we'd work together to figure out the best thing to do...

Wow.  I can't believe it.  I've actually applied (in the strangest application process I've ever heard of).  I did it.  And I couldn't be happier!  I'm having a hard time focusing on anything else right now!  At this point, I just want to go and enter!

Thanks be to God!  He's sooo good to me!!

I'm also trying subdue the melancholic in me that is preparing for the worst...  I have a tendency to fear for the worst in these sorts of situations...  but it's all in God's hands now...  let His will be done.  I've done my part, I've done what He's asked of me thus far...  now it's up to Him where He leads me.

2 comments:

  1. You should be hearing back relatively soon, I think. M. just needs to meet (either in person or on the telephone) with the Provincial Mother. (Plus, it's a good thing they live only a few blocks down from one another - haha!) ;)

    I asked to enter on a Wednesday and got my acceptance on a Friday. The (then) vocation director just needed to make a phone call.

    Prayers as always! :D

    I have no doubts, Kayla. I know you will enter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quick of a turn around? Wow! M. seemed to make it sound like it could be at least a week or two. I guess I'll just have to wait and see!!

    I can hardly believe this is really happening... oh man!!

    ReplyDelete