Sunday, July 11, 2010

Update

I'm really just beyond tired right now.  So exhausted.  I really think they put something in the air at hospitals... or something.

Dad's surgery was successful.  They cut off part of the top of his lung (that was where his disease had attacked and where the hole was) and folded it over.  Then they "glued" the lung to his rib cage, essentially, to help prevent any further collapses.  The doctor said that the lung wasn't fully inflated yet, so they put another tube in his chest to help with that.  There was also a lot of scarring on his lung and a lot of fluid in there.  He took a sample of the fluid to test, so we'll see what that is.  Could be pneumonia or something else.  Don't know.  The chest tube is helping draining the fluid.  Waiting to hear from the doctor what's next.  Dad's doing well, though.  Feeling better.  And able to take some pain medicine now, which is good.

I'm so tired right now.  My mind feels something like a foggy bank.  I really wish this whole job was happening right now.  I mean, I'm certainly grateful to have some sort of light on that front but, goodness, talk about strange timing.

Well, I'm heading to bed.  Mass in the morning, then back to the hospital.  Hopefully Dad can come home on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment