A positive (among many) about a new job related to my interests? BOOKS!! A pretty darn good excuse for purchasing and reading good books.
Yesterday I drove up to the local Catholic bookstore to peruse through their collections. Ended up coming home with only one purchase: Church History by Fr. John Laux. I've been meaning to get a good book on basic Church history for quite some time now-- it's my poorest subject. It's a good read, actually. Very smooth. And actually engaging. I've never been one for history in general (I love history but am terrible at remembering specifics and don't care for most history texts), but this is pretty good stuff.
I've also been perusing Amazon. I made an order for The Vatican II Council Documents, Vol. I. I figured that I needed those for reference. I also ordered an RSV edition of the Holy Bible-- I have a NAB but I prefer RSV. I have a very nice RSV New Testament, but I need the Old Testament as well. Lastly I purchased The Mystery We Proclaim: Catechesis for the Third Millenium which I heard is a good book for catechesis.
I love new books! I love reading! I love books! I GET TO HAVE MY OWN OFFICE WITH ALL OF MY BOOKS WITH ME!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment