Sometimes I wonder if this is really my life...
I) I just sent out the most important letter of my life-- proof read by my s/d and the President of my University, basically begging for more money than it would cost to buy an affordable car. I don't think I've ever even begged for more than $10 before... and that even would get me red in the face!
^I don't know what's going to happen with all of that, though. The lady is super rich and likes to help with these types of causes... and she's expecting my letter, since Mr. President made a phone call on my behalf. I'm assuming she also knows my s/d, since he said that he knew who she was. And he's pretty well known in those types of circles. I also "name-dropped" with him in my letter, since he's always telling me to do that. Let's just hope that she likes him... But, God's will be done with this... I have no expectations and am rather indifferent. God's will be done. If He wants her to help me out so I can enter this summer... let it be done... if not, I'm prepared to work as gosh-darn hard as I can to get there.
II) I just got a phone call from Sr. Joy, asking when my graduation is so that she and a couple other sisters could attend!! Seriously?! Who gets random phone calls so nuns can come to their graduation?! Who?!
^Although, to be honest, I'm really excited about this. I have "special tickets" since I work in the Office of the President, which means that my family (and whomever else I give tickets to) get special seating. If a few sisters do get to come, then I can introduce them to my family and my parents can get their first real exposure to nuns. And I honestly cannot think of anyone better than Sr. Joy (and probably Blessed Sacrament along with her) for my parents to meet.
III) I'm going to a pro-life Gala tomorrow night with tickets bought by seminarians... And to get there, we (my best friend and I) are borrowing one of their cars.
--------------
Well, on a completely different note...
I have so much work to do and so little motivation to do it all. Gah. You know, I actually hadn't been hit by senioritis until my computer crashed... now I'm feeling it big time.
I wish I were a better student. I really do. I look at my GPA, which is overall fairly good, and I'm just disappointed. I should have a 4.0 and laziness is the only reason why I don't.
I just had a conversation with one of my professors, who expressed a mixture of happiness and disappointment at hearing my plans to enter religious life. She's of course happy for me, but at the same time she said that she always pictured me defending the Church as an academic. And truth be told... I'd love to be doing that. I really would.
Hmm...
You know, it's funny, how at peace I am right now, considering how little I know about how my future is going to work out. But.. well, like the title of this blog... I just want to be the cause of Jesus' joy and I can do that best taking pleasure in whatever His will is for me. So if it's not knowing exactly what's going on... so be it. And if it's entering this summer... so be it. And if it's waiting and working... so be it.
If it's having a lot of make-up work to do because my gosh darn computer crashed and I wasn't smart enough to back up all of my work because I'm absolutely and totally technologically challenged... so be it. I can rejoice because it's His will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment