I don't know why, but I'm feeling awfully insecure about my relationship with God right now. I don't even know if "insecure" is quite the right term. I can't explain it. It's like... I feel like I've done something wrong and I really need to go to confession to fix things with God. Except I haven't sinned mortally, that I know of (which means I haven't, since ya know, you need to have full knowledge to commit a mortal sin).
I'm acutely aware of my sinfulness. My pride. My God-awful pride. It's as though I'm more aware of it now than ever before.
I don't think this necessarily connects to my insecurity. When I think about my sinfulness, and especially my pride, I'm convinced of God's work to burn these parts of me away, of his promise of purification if I remain faithful.
Maybe I should feel insecure about my pride. Maybe it [i]is[/i] what's wrong with stuff right now. I hadn't made that connection until now.
*sigh*
I don't know. I don't understand this.
EDIT: I feel like I'm doing something wrong in prayer. That I'm somehow displeasing God in my prayer. But at the same time, the another part of me is saying, no, no I'm not. I'm persevering. God is pleased with that. I think. Unless I should be doing something different right now. Ugh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment