I know most of my post's have been a bit... down... lately. So, I thought I would take a respite from such negativity and share my awesome day today!
Snippets of the Day:
*Had an AWESOME 1hr 1/2 conversation with my best friend. Which included a mini breakdown on my behalf. And her saying (eventually), that as much as she wants to hug me right now, even more she doesn't want to because our separation is what Jesus wants for us right now... and that above all else is what we should desire.
*I went to confession!! Praise God for the amazing graces He gives us in this wonderful sacrament!! It's been about two months since I was last able to go, so this was just awesome.
*The parish I work for has a "community supper" once a month that feeds the poor and homeless of our area. It's a free home cooked dinner on real plates/silverware. Tonight was our monthly supper and it was my first time going. Admittedly, I was a little nervous going because, well, I am just not the type of person who particularly enjoys sitting with a table full of strangers and having to make conversation with them. But it turned out wonderful and I had a very enjoyable time.
*I went to a Latin Mass that had Cantores en Ecclesiae singing William Byrd's "Four Voices" Mass and it was absolutely beautiful!!! It was soooo relaxing... I just loved it. So beautiful!
*Went out to coffee and ice cream with a friend who sings in Cantores. We went to this wicked awesome place called Rimsky's. I wish I could describe it. But it's basically Portland caught up in a coffee shop that is only open at night. Weird and awesome.
*Went back to my friend's house and went through her Carmelite letters and materials and have planned a nun-run to California which will take us to *her* Carmelites AND my sisters AND the Poor Clares where a friend is... if all goes well.
*Came back home past midnight and had a wonderful e-mail from a professor from school who said something that made me very happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment