As can probably be deduced from the influx of entries in the past few days... I have far too much time on my hands.
Last night I went to my high school's Jazz Band concert. Ah, how I miss Jazz! OK-- I admit, it's not my favorite music to listen to, but it was always my favorite to play. That's probably because the trumpet parts are always much more interesting in jazz than in anything else... As much as I love classical, we never really got any good parts. Every once in a while, but that's it.
I miss playing. I was never really all that good, granted. My embouchure is all wrong and I never took the time to fix it. But I was good at sight-reading and rhythms, so I'd do decently enough to get into the Wind Ensemble and 1st Jazz Band all four years. By senior year I was first chair in both... but I really wasn't the most talented, I don't think. I just practiced a lot.
My favorite was always Marching Band and Pep Band. I was drum major junior and senior year, absolutely loved it! We were the top parade band in the Northwest... Ahh, good times. I miss those times.
...Man. I can't wait for my books from Amazon to get in. I desperately need something to do. I can't stand this whole sitting around the house thing. I need to be super busy. That's just how I work best. Meh. I can't do this whole... relaxing thing. I need obligations. I need to be doing things.
I'm not too much a fan of this stage in my life. This weird transitionary stage... but transitioning to what? I don't really know right now. I'm applying for jobs... both on the East and West coast. Still waiting to hear back about potential donors. Don't know if I should be applying for part-time work here at home, like a summer job... I just don't know much of anything right now. It's a very vulnerable feeling.
Le sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment