I think I finally feel as though graduation is really immanent. Two weeks from today I will officially graduated with a B.A. in Philosophy from the Mount. Wow. It's really happening, isn't it?
We had our awards ceremony today. I suppose it's technically called the "Honors Convocation." I was awarded The Nona S. and Jerome V. Redmend Prize for the member of the senior class with distinguished study in philosophy. That was pretty neat!! One of my professors gave a small speech of sorts as he presented me with the award at the Philosophy "Phi Sigma Tau" brunch this morning and he almost made me cry!! They Department gifted me with the two volume complete works of Aristotle!!!!!!!!!!!!! The whole department signed the inside cover-- what a special gift! Too bad it'll be something I'll have to, in a sense, give up. I mean, I'm sure I'll bring it to community, but it won't be "mine."
I was then recognized at the Honors Convocation for the award as well. And this included a check for $300, which is quite welcomed!!
Wow. I'm graduating.
It's really hitting me that I'm not going on to graduate school. It's as though the Lord is putting His finger on that desire and saying to me, "This too? You're willing to give up this too?" Yes, Lord, I give up this too.
I want so badly to just enter. God-willing I'll be able to this summer. We'll see. I started a novena to Our Lady of Lujan the other day for her feast day on the 8th. Sr. Joy e-mailed me and said that we should pray it together... so that's what we're doing.
I'm soooo tired. But I need to finish my honors thesis tonight, since it's due tomorrow morning. I need retype my moral paper, since I didn't do that last week. And I need to read Charles Taylor. Blah. Tiiiiiired.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment